- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners
- Centacare Family and Relationship Services
Centacare Family and Relationship Services (CFRS) is a non-profit community organisation that supports the strengthening of family and community relationships, particularly where there is vulnerability and disadvantage. We deliver professional and accountable services in supporting clients to find solutions and achieve their goals.
Centacare Family and Relationship Services are seeking applications for Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners at its Brisbane [Chermside] Family Relationship Centre.
We are seeking dedicated and experienced Practitioners who will assist in the provision of high quality, child-focused, family dispute resolution services for families who are experiencing conflict and need support to reach parenting agreements in relation to the children. This role includes intake, risk assessment, psycho-education, case management and family dispute resolution and mediation interventions. The role will offer opportunities to support and work with diverse families and complex needs.
• be a highly effective communicator and solution-focused
• have extensive interpersonal skills
• demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and integrity in working with clients, colleagues, and community stakeholders
• participate in consultative and collaborative strategies with other practitioners
• have well-developed written work including report writing, case notes, data collection, data entry and computer literacy skills
• be required to be available for some after-hours
• have the opportunity to support and work with diverse families and complex needs
• work to provide accessible and equitable services for clients
Knowledge and Experience:
• demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in FDR including mediating with families who may have complex needs, and come from diverse backgrounds
• demonstrated knowledge of Domestic Violence Legislation, Child Safety Legislation and the Family Law Act
• relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Social or Behavioral Sciences, from a recognised tertiary institution
• eligibility for membership of APS, AASW, or similar recognised professional association
• qualifications in family dispute resolution (FDR), and registration as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
• have a current Blue Card - or be eligible to apply
• agree (if offered employment), that Centacare can conduct an Australian Federal Police Criminal History Check
• agree to sign a statutory declaration stating you have no overseas criminal offences
• have Australian Work Rights - Australian citizenship/Visa documentary evidence is to be provided at interview (please contact us for detail if needed)
• based on Social Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award
• commencement on Level 5
• minimum $38.7011 per hour
• Plus an above award payment of $4500 pro-rata annually for registered FDRP
• 9.50% superannuation
- Monday, August 26, 2019
Application packages can be downloaded from the Centacare website under “Careers”.
To be considered, in the first instance, please provide your current CV outlining your qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘FDRP Chermside’ in the subject line.
Specific inquiries about this role can also be directed to Matthew Horsfall, Area Manager, at the above email address.
Applications close COB Monday 26 August 2019.