Family Dispute Resolution is a process that assists people experiencing relationship difficulties to resolve their disputes during or after separation or divorce. Family Dispute Resolution is also known as mediation.
Family Relationship Centres
Our Family Relationship Centres service the Gold Coast and Brisbane regions with offices located at Ashmore and Chermside including outreach services to Caboolture, Beaudesert and Boonah. Services include:
- pre-mediation group information sessions, explaining the process and ways that parents can support children through separation formation and support for families at any stage of their relationship
- referral service for specific needs and requirements
- one-on-one interviews for separating or separated families to discuss options
- group information sessions before mediation (family dispute resolution) explaining the process and ways that parents can support children through separation
- child-inclusive consultations with an experienced child practitioner to help parents understand their children’s needs prior to mediation
- mediation to help parents resolve conflict and agree on parenting arrangements for their children
- culturally sensitive processes for indigenous and multi-cultural families that acknowledges their perspectives and needs
- interpreter services (available on request)
- access to other Centacare services based on family need e.g. parenting support, counselling etc.
- Parents who are separated or experiencing separation
- Any person who is significant in the life of a child is eligible. People such as; parent, grandparents, other family members, neighbours and day care providers.
Family Relationship Centre Chermside
Westfield Chermside Shopping Town
Suite C9, 1st Flr, 90 Kittyhawk Dve
Chermside QLD 4032
Ph: (07) 3624 0100
Family Relationship Centre Gold Coast
Ashmore Commercial Centre
Suite 11, 207 Currumburra Rd
Ashmore QLD 4214
Ph: (07) 5656 1700
Centacare St Mary’s Community Centre
6-12 Peterson Street
Beaudesert QLD 4285
Ph: (07) 55411 653
We also provide family dispute resolution services in a number of outreach locations including Caboolture. Please phone us for details.