About Centacare’s court support programs
If you have experienced domestic and family violence and are either wanting to apply for a protection order or are appearing in court for a domestic and family violence mention Centacare can help you through this process. It can be a daunting time however, our teams have established relationships within the courts and experience to help guide you through this process.
- help to complete an application for a Domestic Violence Protection Order or make changes to an existing order (variation)
- explain your and the other person’s options, and the consequences of different options
- explain the court process
- talk to the police prosecutor and court staff on your behalf
- provide you with support and information in court and throughout the court process
- help you with safety planning
- refer you to relevant legal and community services appropriate for your situation
- and provide you with crisis and emotional support through the process.
- Beenleigh Magistrates Court
- Maroochydore Magistrates Court
- Caloundra Magistrates Court
- Nambour Magistrates Court
- Noosa Magistrates Court
- Gympie Magistrates Court