At Centacare we understand that everyone learns and develops in different ways. Our services are tailored to actively engage people and support them to identify and express their needs and goals. You can access our learning and skills programs in one of our many centres or in a community setting. We offer flexibility to meet your needs, focussing on your strengths and interests, while working with you to explore all your options.
Programs we provide for personal and lifestyle development include:
- community volunteering
- travel training
- practical literacy
- practical maths
- learning through leisure
- skills for life (cooking, money handling, grooming and much more).
Group activities we provide include:
- music and drama (in partnership with Blue Roo Theatre Company)
- social groups
- one-off day events
- themed dance parties
- horticultural skills program
- beach trips.
The NDIS funds education and learning services and uses some of the following terms to describe it:
- skills development in a group
- community participation activities
- life transition planning, including mentoring, peer support and individual skill development
- transition through school and to further education.