Lifting of Greater Brisbane Lockdown and continued restrictions
In response to the end of the Greater Brisbane lockdown on 1 April 2021, we’re very pleased to be resuming our groups and centre activities as planned on Tuesday, following the Easter break. It’s wonderful that we have worked together to protect the health and safety of our community.
So we can continue to protect the health and safety of our community, we request that clients and employees abide by Queensland Health’s mask regulations that are in effect until Thursday 15 April. These include:
- masks must be carried at all times
- masks must be worn indoors, including in Centacare vehicles
- masks must be worn outdoors when unable to socially distance
Exemptions to mask wearing apply in some circumstances such as:
- children under 12
- a person eating, drinking or taking medicine
- a person with a particular medical condition or disability that may be made worse by wearing a mask – for example, a person who has breathing difficulties, a serious skin condition on their face, a mental health condition or psychological impacts from experienced trauma
- a person undergoing medical treatment – for example, a person receiving first aid
- if a person is asked to remove a face mask for identity
- if wearing a mask creates a risk to a person’s health and safety
- in any circumstances where it is not safe to wear a face mask
We will continue to maintain our strict hygiene protocols, screening questions and temperature checks at all Centacare sites.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) Visitor arrangements
In line with government directions, we are still unable to accept non-essential visitors to our Supported Independent Living (SIL) houses and Short Term Accommodation (STA) services until Thursday 15 April.
We understand regular contact is important to our clients and families, especially over the Easter period. We are continuing to support connection between our clients and their families via phone and video conferencing.
Please contact us on 1300 236 822.
You can access the latest information and advice about COVID-19 from the Queensland Government.