Kindergarten is an important time in your child’s life. At Centacare kindergartens we nurture your child’s love of learning and ensure they develop the skills for a successful transition to prep, all in the heart of our community.
We offer an approved Queensland Government Kindergarten Program run by a university qualified early childhood teacher. As sessional kindergartens we offer five-day fortnights during school terms.
Your child will be engaged in intentional teaching activities and self-directed learning. Our program will help them to establish the foundations for literacy, numeracy and science. Our educators will use real life activities to create engaging learning opportunities for your child. This includes:
- investigating science and technology through experiments
- creating and caring for gardens
- visiting community spaces including the school library.
Our educators will empower your child to explore their surroundings and will build on their creative ideas and interests to create learning opportunities.
By responding to your child’s interest we aim to inspire a love of learning in kindergarten that will stay with them throughout their learning journey.
Our program follows the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines curriculum framework.
- As a Catholic organisation, we recognise the richness that diversity brings and welcome all families in our community.
- We offer a close-knit and community centred environment that recognises your child’s individuality and provides a sense of belonging and places them and your family at the heart of an extended, supportive parish, school and local community.
- We respect your child and their right to the joys of childhood. We encourage them to explore, imagine and enquire every day.
- Our staff will get to know your child and nurture them according to their individual strengths, abilities, talents and motivations.
- We foster confidence. We ensure all children feel included and that their abilities and ideas are respected and valued.
- Our families value our emphasis on encouraging their child to be inclusive, compassionate and kind to others; and respectful contributors to their community.
A natural environment
A child’s physical environment deeply effects their development. At our kindergarten’s your children will be immersed in a natural environment which invites them to be curious and creative in their play. Our centres feature neutral colours, organic resources and activities designed to let your child’s imagination take centre stage.
Connections to school
All of our kindergartens are co-located with a Brisbane Catholic Education primary school or college. This provides your child with the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the school environment, easing their transition to prep.
We have established strong relationships with all of our local primary schools and will work with them to develop transition statements for Prep to ensure your child benefits from the best start to school. We will also work with you to answer any questions you have about our program and how it is preparing your child for prep.
How we work with you
Strong family relationships
We recognise that families are a child’s first and most influential educators and we work with you to ensure the best for your child. Our staff welcome your insights as we seek to nurture your child’s strengths, abilities, talents and motivations and create a program that is right for them.
Part of a community
Centacare Child Care Services are part of the broader Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane working with Brisbane Catholic Education, Centacare and our 100 parishes. This means your child and family will be immersed in a broader community and have access to a variety of support networks and services as part of the larger Centacare family.
We offer an affordable program with additional funding available for eligible families.
To find out more about fees visit your local kindergarten’s page from the menu below.
- Alexandra Hills – St Anthony’s Kindergarten
- Beaudesert – St Mary’s Kindergarten
- Benowa – St Kevin’s Kindergarten
- Gatton – Our Lady of Good Counsel Kindergarten
- Goodna – St Francis Xavier Kindergarten
- Eli Waters – Xavier Kindergarten
- Jimboomba – Emmaus Kindergarten
- Mango Hill – St Benedict’s Kindergarten
- Yarrabilba – St Clare’s Kindergarten