Feel safer, secure and more independent in your own home.
Our specialist team provides home maintenance and modification services to help older Queenslanders and people with a disability live well in their own homes.
As an approved services provider under the Queensland Government’s Home Assist Secure we provide eligible people with:
- Free information about home modifications, safety and security, maintenance and repairs
- Referrals to licenced, reputable tradespeople and other community services
- In-home assessments to determine the need for repairs and modifications and the costs involved
- Minor modifications including hand rails, ramps, smoke alarms and other mobility aids
- Home maintenance and repairs including essential white goods, plumbing and electrical
- External home maintenance including gardens, roofs, gutters and downpipes
- Installation and repair of security hardware including doors, windows, locks and sensor lights.
Am I eligible?
Queenslanders over the age of 60 (and Queenslanders of any age with a disability) who are homeowners or live in rental housing are eligible for free information and referrals to reputable tradespeople and other community services.
To be eligible for subsidised assistance, you must also hold a Pensioner Concession Card, be unable to complete the work yourself and be unable to make use of other forms of assistance, such as through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Queensland Community Care Services or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Find your local HAS provider
Please note that Centacare is not contracted to provide Home Assist Secure services in all areas. Click here to find your local HAS provider.
Phone us on 3809 9610 to find out more.
Some words from our customers…
“I was very impressed with Centacare, who assessed my home, offered information and organised helpful tradespeople in a very short time frame. I thought I might have to go to an aged care facility – now I can stay living at home”. (Denise, Annerley)
“Centacare did a wonderful job making my internal front stairs safe. I feel much more secure when I use them”. (Lynette)
“Centacare gave me great advice about repairs and maintenance jobs I needed done. They also fixed my pathways and security doors”. (Yvonne)
“We were so pleased and impressed with the prompt service Centacare provided helping us with plumping and gas problems”. (Robert and Joy)