Our flexible and tailored services are designed to meet your needs, whether you’re on a level one, two, three or four package, helping you to stay in your home longer and make the most of every day.
To take advantage of a home care package you will need to register and be approved by the Australian Government’s My Aged Care. Before contacting My Aged Care, give us a call as we can help you through the process.
A home care package with Centacare
Our home care packages provide support with a range of activities in and outside of the home. This could be as diverse as cleaning and gardening, to preparing meals, keeping fit and healthy, taking a day-trip or transport to buy the weekly groceries.
You have the freedom to choose the services you want, so you can keep doing the things that are important to you. Some examples of the services we offer include:
In the home
- Domestic duties including cleaning and dusting the house, washing and ironing, lawn mowing and gardening, home maintenance and modifications.
- Personal care, such as showering, the delivery and preparation of meals, assistance dressing, fitting of sensory aids, the provision of safety and emergency assistance aids and help getting around the home.
In the community
- Social groups and events (at one of our centres or in the community), the opportunity to learn a new skill or help to reconnect with groups or activities.
- Transport to go shopping, attend community events or go to an appointment.
- Taking a holiday or short-term cottage accommodation to give carers a break.
- Exercise and fitness, as well as allied health (such as physiotherapy, dietary support, podiatry and occupational therapy).
- Nursing, wound care, continence aids, and mobility aids and equipment.
We’re committed to providing care for people in our community. This is reflected in the commitment and passion our teams have for making a difference to the lives of the people we support.
Having your home care package with Centacare will enable you to tailor support to suit your individual circumstances, giving you the opportunity for greater independence and wellbeing. Your package will include:
- A dedicated team member to help develop your plan and provide ongoing support
- Fully trained and qualified support staff
- An extensive range of services tailored to meet your individual needs
- Flexibility, with support available seven days a week, including after hours
- Specialised support, such as for people living with dementia
Frequently asked questions
What is a home care package?
A home care package is funded by the Australian Government and provides the support you need to stay in your home longer and make the most out of life. It can also give you peace of mind that you have the support you need. There are four levels of home care packages available, with the level of support based on the amount of care each person requires.
I have been approved for a home care package, what do I do now?
All you need to do is get in touch with Centacare and one of our dedicated Service Delivery Managers will work with you to develop your support plan and help you to put it into action.
How do I apply for a home care package?
You will need to register with the Australian Government’s My Aged Care. Centacare has a specialised team that can help you with this process. Give us a call to speak to one of our team members.
What are the steps to apply for a home care package?
There are eight key steps:
- Identify the areas where you need support
- Discuss this with your doctor or Centacare and then contact My Aged Care
- The Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will meet with you to review your requirements
- Once approved for a package, nominate Centacare as your Home Care provider
- Centacare will contact you to make an appointment
- Meet your Service Delivery Manager to discuss your requirements
- Your Service Delivery Manager will work with you to develop your support plan
- Start receiving services
Get started by giving Centacare a call today on 1300 236 822 or complete the form below and we will give you a call.
We’re looking forward to helping you make the most of every day.