Centacare Community Services is part of the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane and has been operating in for over 50 years.
Centacare Community Services, Brisbane South Aged Care has a temporary part time contract position available until 1 March 2020. This position compromises of being the Cook and assisting in the Day Respite Centre with client outings and the day to day running of the programs.
As the Cook you will be required to manage the day to day operations of the kitchen, including the preparation of daily meals (for approximately 30 clients) for the Coorparoo Respite centre, working within the Food Safety and Workplace Health and Safety requirements of Centacare.
In this role you will:
- Develop menu's which meet the needs of clients dietary and cultural needs;
- Preparation and cooking of daily meals which meet the daily schedules planned for the service;
- Ensure stock levels are maintained, budgets are followed and supplies are delivered are of a quality and without deficiencies;
- Maintain optimum hygiene and cleanliness of all equipment in line with accreditation standards and local council regulations;
- Complete documentation of day to day service delivery including incident reporting in accordance with organisational procedures.
As a Support Worker within the Respite Centre, you will assist the team with the day to day running of the centre and the activities for that day. You may also be required to drive a bus.
What we need from you
- A Food Safety Supervisor certificate or willingness to obtain
- Qualification in Catering Operations and/or Community Services will be highly regarded;
- Ability to prepare meals on schedule for at least 30 people;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to liaise effectively with others;
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet schedules;
- Proficiency in IT standard software such as Microsoft Office suite and Internet;
- A current 'C' Class Drivers Licence;
- Criminal History Check which includes a National Police Check, A Working with Children Blue card with Yellow Exemption; and
- The physical ability to carry out all tasks required of this position.
Applicants with a MR licence or willing to obtain will be highly regarded.
You will be in accordance to our Collective Agreement with the base salary commencing at $23.6018p/h.
For all enquiries regarding this position please contact Alma Velic or Darryl McCormack, Service Delivery Managers on telephone (07) 3853 7400 during business hours.
Applications must be in by COB 5 March 2019