Centacare Anam Cara is a leading mental health and transitional housing service provider. We provide a range of support services to adults 18 and over living across the Brisbane metropolitan areas including Ipswich, Logan, Bayside and Redcliffe regions.
What we do
Individual Lifestyle Support
- focus on individual’s recovery
- empowers people to actively decide on their recovery plans
- supports people to make choices that will enhance their well-being
- assists people to take ownerships and responsibility for all aspects of their lives
- encourages participation in their local community.
Transitional Housing Program
Blackwattle House – 24 Hour Support
& Oxford House – Day Time Support
- support for up to 6 months
- maximum of 3 tenants per house
- furnished secure room for each tenant
- assistance with identifying goals and how to achieve them.
- support for 2-8 weeks after exiting program
- assist in accessing appropriate future support if required.
Typical Support Activities Include:
- recovery focused goal setting
- maintaining health and well being
- household management
- personal health care
- finding future accommodation
- decision making
- maintaining positive relationships
- accessing education and training
- active engagement in local community
- accessing public transport
- accessing employment opportunities
Access to our individualized services is available to adults with a primary psychiatric illness either through government funding or fee for service.
For more information please call 1300 Centacare (1300 236 822)