At Centacare, we recognise the importance of a person’s emotional and physical wellbeing and that it’s important to be able to take ownership of their life.
We understand that you have your own way of achieving your health goals and so we provide tailored support and encouragement throughout your journey. This support may include assistance to access a gym or to prepare healthy meals, support to make healthy choices or support to join sporting clubs.
We also have a team of staff experienced in mental health that support and empower you to live the lifestyle of your choice. This includes several transitional houses that provide short-term support for people who need mental health support when exiting hospital. Other support options include:
- support to make choices that will enhance a person’s wellbeing
- assistance to take ownership and responsibility for all aspects of their life
- encouraging participation in the local community.
The NDIS funds health and wellbeing services and uses some of the following terms to describe it:
- improved health and wellbeing
- improved daily living
- physical wellbeing activities.