When we tailor services and supports, we always consult a very important person, YOU! We respect freedom of choice in your daily life and we will work with you, so you can live life on your terms. A personalised program of supports will ensure that you have the opportunity to enhance your independence, confidence, self-esteem and life choices. Support may be provided in your home, out and about in the community, at work or at places of learning.
Support we can provide to assist with daily life includes:
- personal care, including assistance with bathing, dressing and other personal care tasks
- life skills, including preparing meals, budgeting, making and attending appointments
- getting out and about in the community
- cleaning of the home
- travel training, including using public transport.
The NDIS funds daily living services and uses some of the following terms to describe it:
- assistance with self-care activities
- assistance to access community, social and recreational activities
- house cleaning and other household activities
- improved daily living
- individual skills development & training, including public transport training and support.