- Assistant Coordinator (Outside School Hours Care)
- Centacare Child Care Services
• Help support and enrich the lives of children and families
• Work with a professional not-for-profit provider
• Opportunities for personal and professional development
Centacare Child Care Services, an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane, is seeking to appoint a casual Assistant Coordinator at St Matthew's OSHC, Cornubia.
St Matthew's OSHC is a 120 place service. This service is an integral part of the school and parish community.
The service provides before school, afterschool and vacation care, bringing education and quality care to our community.
Hours: 20-25 per week
Remuneration: as per the Children's Services Modern Award 2010. 4.1 Diploma Qualified. $30 to $35 depending on qualifications and experience
Assist the Coordinator in the day to day operations of the service, including:
• Program planning, delivery and documentation
• Staff rostering and supervision
• Administration and financial management tasks (e.g. fee collection)
• Assist in the delivery of a high quality, inclusive, educational program
• Provide children with a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment
• Work collaboratively within an established team to ensure the best outcomes for children and families
• Participate in professional and personal development
• Promote the service within the local community in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of Centacare Child Care Services
• Diploma in Children Services or equivalent as per ACECQA guidelines
• First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis
• Working with Children Check (Blue Card) from the Queensland Government
• Consent to being the Responsible Person on site in the absence of the Coordinator
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, My Time Our Place framework and National Law/Regulations
• Experience in the education and care of children
• Experience with QikKids (Child Care software)
• Effective oral and written communication within the workplace
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Julie Steel (Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application must outline your availability.