- Kindergarten Teacher (Long Day Care)
- Full Time
- Centacare Child Care Services
• Help support and enrich the lives of children and families
• Oversee the delivery of a high quality, inclusive, educational program
• Opportunities for personal and professional development
Centacare Child Care Services, an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane, is seeking to appoint a fulltime Kindergarten Teacher at St Augustine's Childcare Centre, Augustine Heights.
The Kindergarten teacher will join a team of educators who cater for children from 6 weeks to school age. Together with families, the staff work to provide programs in the best interests of the children.
St Augustine's is a 75 place service. This service is an integral part of the catholic community.
The service provides Long Day care from ages 6 weeks to 5 years. At St Augustine's Childcare Centre, children are central to everything we do. We are a passionate service with love for our children, families, and community. St Augustine's Childcare Centre is well known for its compassion for our educators, families and children alike.
Hours: 38 per week. Kindergarten Teachers work during term time only
Remuneration: as per the Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010. Level 3 to Level 12. $56,100 to $74,000 per year
• Responsibility for the development and implementation of a kindergarten program
• Provide children with a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment
• Work collaboratively within a team to ensure the best outcomes for children and families
• Participate in professional and personal development
• Promote the service within the local community in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of Centacare Child Care Services
• Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent as per ACECQA guidelines
• First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis
• Working with Children Check (Blue Card) from the Queensland Government
• Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
• Position may require being the Responsible Person on site in the absence of the Director
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and National Law/Regulations.
• Conversant with Early Years Learning Framework & the QLD Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
• Experience in an education and care of children, particularly Kindergarten age
• An ability to interpret curriculum documents
• Effective oral and written communication within the workplace
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Monday, January 22, 2018
- To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Crystal Strudwick at email@example.com. Your application must outline your availability.