We are currently seeking multiple experienced male Support Workers to work with within our Supported Accommodation environments across the Beenleigh/Logan and Brisbane Southwest region.
Part of the challenges of this role is to utilise your training and skill base to manage aggressive, verbal and physical behaviour by implementing positive behaviour support strategies associated with the individual.
In this role you will:
- Assist with personal care, domestic duties, medication, meal preparation and household budgeting where required;
- Manual handling and hoisting of clients which may also include Peg feeding;
- Implement Positive Behaviour Support Plans;
- Promote independent living skills and choices;
- Work closely with families regarding the support of their loved ones; and
- Complete documentation of day to day service delivery including incident reporting in accordance with organisation procedures.
Applicants with demonstrated experience and knowledge in Restrictive Practice and Positive Behaviour Supports will be highly regarded for these positions.
- Qualification in Disability / Community / Mental Health or Aged Care will be highly regarded
- Significant experience supporting individuals with complex support needs
- Great availability! The ability to work varying hours: morning, afternoon, sleepovers and weekends
- A current 'C' class Drivers Licence
- A roadworthy and insured vehicle
- A Working with Children 'Blue Card' with 'Yellow' card Exemption, or willingness to obtain
- A National Police Certificate, or willingness to obtain
- The physical ability to carry our all tasks required of the position
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to a person centred approach of service provision.
You will paid in accordance with our Collective Agreement with an hourly rate commencing at $22.6753 per hr or higher, depending on your qualifications and/or previous experiences
Centacare also offers you
- Ongoing support;
- Opportunities for career and personal development;
- Access to role specific training;
- Free employee assistance program for you and your family; and
- Much more!