Centacare has multiple Aged Care and Disability Support Worker vacancies across Brisbane North, including Towong, CBD, New Farm, Ashgrove, Stafford, Aspley, Nundah and Sandgate.
In this role you will be expected to have great flexibility, availability and willingness to work in a variety of locations.
Aged Care Support Workers and Domestic Assistants
Support Workers will:
- Support clients with in-home services such as: personal care, domestic assistance, social support, medication prompting, meal preparation, in home respite and transport;
- Cleaning clients kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms;
- Vacuuming and mopping floors; and
- Washing and wiping walls (not above shoulder height).
- Promote independent living skills and choices; and
- Complete documentation of day to day service delivery including incident reporting in accordance with organisation procedures.
Disability Support Workers
You will be supporting younger and older people with intellectual disabilities and complex behavioural and medical support needs to live independently in the community and reach their personal goals.
Part of the challenge of this role is to utilise your training and skill base to manage aggressive verbal and physical behaviour by implementing positive behaviour support strategies associated with the individual.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with families regarding the support of their loved one;
- Promote independent living skills and choices;
- Participate in the development of Person Centred Planning;
- Implement Positive Behaviour Support Plans;
- Assist with personal care, domestic duties, medication, meal preparation and household budgeting, where required;
- Manual handling and hoisting of clients which may also include Peg feeding;
- Complete documentation of day to day service delivery including incident reporting in accordance with organisational procedures.
What we need from you
- Qualification in Aged Care/Disability/ Community/Mental Health will be highly regarded; and or
- Significant experience supporting individuals with complex support needs;
- Great availability! The ability to work varying hours: morning, afternoon, sleepovers and weekends; Current QLD Drivers licence
- Roadworthy and registered vehicle;
- A National Police Certificate
- A Blue Card with a Yellow Card exemption, or willingness to obtain;
- The physical ability to carry out all tasks required of the position;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to a person centred approach of service provision.
You will paid in accordance with our Collective Agreement with an hourly rate commencing at $21.8099 per hr or higher, depending on your qualifications and/or previous experience.
Centacare also offers you
- Ongoing support;
- Opportunities for career and personal development;
- Access to role specific training;
- Free employee assistance program for you and your family; and
- Much more!